Power Poppy New Digital Release



Welcome to todays inspiration for Power Poppy release of the newest digital image!


The leaves and fruit/seeds of each tree are intertwined, the Oak for strength and the Olive for peace... the sentiment shares wishes along these lines. I think we all can use a little peace and strength somedays, can't we? 


I truly enjoyed this particular design as I love fall most of all the seasons.  The changing of the trees is such a beautiful thing to watch here in Central/Upstate New York. 

Make sure to visit the Power Poppy Blog, some of fellow design sisters also have inspiration with the new release.  You can just click here to find the list.


Because this is a detailed image I have really broken down the colors for you.  I've gone from lightest to darkest on each one.  For the background I used a water brush filled with blending solution to keep the color pure.  (Alcohol can seperate the different colors from the marker)  I then added 99% alcohol to create the texture.  From there, I colored, starting at the top with E41 down into the texture and shaded E42 and went over with again with E41.  I did go over with Blender pen to soften the overall look. of the background.  

Remember, each month on the 15th Power Poppy releases a new digital image!  Mark your calendar!

Have you join the Facebook group, Passionate Paper Creations and Friends?  A place to share, get inspired, join in on weekend promotions from great companies, get inspired and learn from each other, but most of all make friends!
Click Here to join in all the fun!
Power Poppy is a Proud Sponsor!!!



Comments

CherylQuilts said…
Oh, Rhea, how dramatic and amazing this card is...your coloring is stunning and has such depth. The image leaps from the card! Beautifully done, and I love the sentiment with the twine.
Allison Cope said…
Oh sigh... Rhea - this is incredible! Your colours are SO rich and bold. I love that you used black olives instead of green - they contrast so nicely with your beautiful orange Oak leaves! Breath-taking!!!
Davi said…
Wow your coloring is amazing, it has such dimension! The rich fall colors and way you used the image several times make on Beautiful dramatic card!!
Rosy Newlun said…
Oh my!!!! Look at the deep, rich colors and contrast!!!!
Marcella Hawley said…
Rhea, your card makes me feel as if I'm all tangled up in an olive grove of oak leafy awesomeness!! I JUST LOVE YOUR APPROACH!! The richness and contrast with those blacks and deep browns, just like the other ladies pointed out above, this card has impact! Strength from the heavy duty contrast, and peace from the olive branches waving in the breeze.... ahhhh well done!