Bright Wings Are Happy Wings


H! friends, I just love this image "Wings".  I wanted to do a couple of things.  Play with embossing folders, shapes, Copics and Prisma Pencils.  But, keep it clean and simple.


I am really getting into texturing my backgrounds, and I've been experimenting with different ways to do just this.  Here I just used a simple embossing folder on white card stock and placed it against the white card base.  I needed a smooth area for the Sentiment so I offset a circle die.  The sentiment is from the Vintage Affections Line called Postage Stamps.  Added a touch of ribbon to add a little more texture.

Now for the coloring, I colored her with Copics.  She was just perfect but I really wanted to bring in a little more something so I added Prisma Pencils.  (which are also listed in the color palette)   I did not color over the entire image with the pencils only where i wanted the most depth then blended with the color that most matched the Copic color.  I used white to blend a little more and add additional highlights.  She really pops against the clean white card.  




Comments

So pretty! Love the clean and textured background, it looks great with the colorful Little Darling.
Wonderful card! Love the background!! I want to try using my colored pencils over the copics....love it!!
Unknown said…
Gorgeous Rhea, I agree 'Wings' is one of my total fav's and yes she does need to be bright!
Love the design and the cut out of the textured backing...will certainly be trying something similar hun, thank you xx
hugs xx