Colors of Fall


Hello,
The kids are back to school and Labor Day is here.  Summer is official coming to an end and before we know it the leaves will start to turn into the most beautiful color combinations.  For the next couple of weeks I am going to be playing with these wonderful colors.  
Today, let's start with a simple leaf and a fun background...

Here we have Monica in HMCO1Fall Float


  1. Color the entire leaf with YR23
  2. Following the sections within the leaf pattern, lightly flick YG95 then shade by flicking YG99
  3. Following other sections within the leaf pattern, lightly flick YR24 then shade by flicking YR27
For higher contrast you can add more shadows of E07 into the YR27.  You can go over the YG99 with  a brown or warm gray.


Apply 2 coats of gesso to tag and let dry before starting.
  1. Randomly air brush YR24, YR, 27 and YG97.  Spritz with 97% Isophrophyl Alcohol.  You will see the colors spread.  Let dry.
  2. I cut a stencil from a die from Fancy Lattice Expandable Pattern Die/Spellbinders.  
    1. I tore a scrap piece of paper and sandwiched it to prevent a complete die cut.  I wanted a random pattern for my stencil.
    2. Lightly air brush the pattern with B97
    3. Deepen the colors with E07 and YG99
Here is a complete color pallet.

I will be back next week with more fall colors with a very different project.




Comments

Hanna said…
WOW, love your tag so much, it's absolutely fantastic! Your colouring of the leaf just blew me away, it looks so realistic! Thank you so much for taking the time to take photos during the making of the tag, it's very inspiring and interesting to see how you've done! The result is absolutely amazing, you are so talented.

hugs,
Hanna
Janet Nelson said…
I love the Fall and miss the color change, as we moved from northern Illinois to Florida 16 years ago. Your tag is a sweet reminder of Falls past. Thanks.
Unknown said…
Beautiful card - thanks again for sharing the coloring info!
Kelly said…
Gorgeous!! I love the Pinterest chart you made and thank you, this will help me out!! I adore your card, your coloring is amazing and rich! Love what you did.
Hugs Kelly
America said…
Incredible results and terrific detailed tutorial on how you've accomplished this gorgeous colorful look of richness and depth. Gorgeous take on our Autumn Leaves Challenge. Good Luck and thank you for joining us this week at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge. Hope to see you joining the fun more. :)
Gramma said…
Awesome tutorial Rhea!
Hugz,
Gramma
Linda Carson said…
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! It's been pinned for all time....! Thanks for the tutorial!
Sue said…
Absolutely gorgeous, the coloring the stamp and the papers are all beautiful. We love that you have joined us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and shared your creative card. Unfortunately, you posted the card to your blog before the challenge began on Sept 9th so you are not eligible for the prizes. We loved that you shared with us and promoted our challenge blog.

Hugs
Sue
Gail said…
Beautiful coloring. I love your chart you created and hope you read this as I do have one question regarding the chart. For one color you list O04. Is this a custom color or a typo? I would like to know as I have this stamp and would like to recreate the coloring.
Gail said…
Love this. I do have a question regarding the color chart. Is O04 a custom color or is there typo? I have this stamp and could like to color it as shown. Thank you!
Rhea Weigand said…
Gail, thank you for bringing this to my attention. The color in question should be E04.