Rose Fairy


It's time for another challenge at

Are you ready to play along with us?  Our challenge is...
Anything Goes!

We are kicking off our new fun filled and easy challenge and we hope you play along!  You can win a $20 gift certificate to the 7 Kids College Fund store.

For this challenge Anything Goes!!!  No matter how you design it counts as long as you use an image that 7 Kids College Fund carries :)  I hope you play along with us!


Here is my inspiration for this challenge :)  It's a combination of soft pinks and greens with warm garnet and a lot of embossing.  I embossed the image with clear bark but first added a little ultra fine gold glitter to give it a little twinkle.   For her wings I used clear embossing powder mixed with pink and gold glitter.  I love the effect it gave even though it is hard to see in the photo. 

 I did a "color wash" or a "dry brush" on the image with distress ink and eye shadow applicators.  No water was used...Fairies are alergic to water, it makes them swell up and turn green with purple dots...so not attractive! No fairies were hurt making this design.  

I hope you enjoyed this little fairy.  Crafters Companion has a wonderful series of fairies. The sets are amazing because not only are there several images in your set, but you get the main image in a smaller and larger size!  They are perfect for coloring with your copics too.    

Thanks for stopping by and happy creating :)  See you next Wednesday at 7 Kids College Fund!  Rhea


Now, lets do some shopping!



Comments

Inky Angel said…
Rhea,
I love the design and color combinations for this card. When I enlarge the photo, I can really see the glittering details. The vertical and horizontal strips on the background paper and the tag give a nice contrast and 3-diminutional feel.
Wishes,
Katie
Patti J said…
Oooh....how pretty! I'm very sure that you need my mailing address! lol... Seriously, I had to enlarge - there was so much beauty on that card, that I had to see it larger! Beautifully done, Rhea! Thanks for sharing.
Sassy Scrapper said…
Wowee girl this is absolutely amazing. So much detail. i love this sweet image and the embellies are awesome.
Hugs Bonnie
Pat said…
Hi Rhea. Fun card! Love the image...and your coloring is beautiful! Pat Frank
Melanie said…
This is lovely Rhea, so feminine! :)
Penny said…
Rhea, I'm so glad to hear that you kept the water away from the fairy! LOL! Love this mixed-media piece--there is so much on it to appreciate! It's so very pretty!
Hugs,
Penny
Carisa said…
Rhea, you are adorable and I love THIS project! Your coloring is fabulous and I had to giggle at your fairy comment. :)
Unknown said…
I think this is beautiful... Breathtaking.