Follow Your Art - Steampunk Owl



Well, Christmas is over and I am done playing with my holiday images.  Let's start with This wonderful little owl by Stampendous.  I have to admit I've never been a big owl fan.  Seriously, anything that can turn its head all the way around freaks me out a bit.  But, this little gentlemen is so sweet and versatile.  I've combined him with a few stamps to create a framed art piece. 

I first stamped the Steampunk Owl with archival ink in black.  Then the smaller pine bushes from Pinecone Boughs also in archival black.  I flash dried it with my heat gun and then embossed the large pine needles with detailed gold.  Don't worry about going over the top of your already stamped images, you'll want to give your project dimension.  I used distressed inks to chalk in the color.  Chalking with distress inks is a quick way to color an image...it does take practice :)  The red flowers I embossed with detail gold and smushed them a lot to break the fibers down and distress them.  Now comes adding all the goodies!


Thanks for visiting today!
see you next time -Rhea


Comments

Pam Hornschu said…
Love all the details on your projects! Fun embellishments and textures.
Lori Barnett said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!
Jan Garber said…
Your tag is terrifc, and what I can read of your blog text, sounds like your step-by-step is great! I'm not able to view the whole page.
Miriam Prantner said…
These are great! Love how you've gotten so much texture and depth here!
mary puskar said…
This is a fantastic project. The owl stamp is super but all the little doo dads go right along with the steampunk theme. Great job.

Mary
Penny said…
The image works beautifully on both projects, Rhea, because of the wonderful embellishing you did! Love both of them so much! :^)
Hugs,
Penny
I love the art and the tag. You did a fabulous job. For some reason the words in your post are covered over on the right side on my computer but I think I got most of what you said. I really love the charms too.
Unknown said…
Gorgeous! Love all the embellishments and fab. coloring :)
Mary-Anne V said…
Love the projects but I could not read your blog post (text) properly since the side bar moved over the the left. Thanks for sharing.
Outstanding tag. Love all of the findings you added. TFS
Robin said…
Your artwork is just lovely. You have designed beautiful creations. Your blog is messing up on the right side. Hugs, Robin
craftymom205 said…
Great projects.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com
Kathy S. said…
I love the owl. Your art is gorgeous!
Rozy said…
Love that owl and really appreciate your talent!
Barb Turpin said…
wow, so creative...love all your embellishments!
Unknown said…
I had the same difficulty reading your post as another commenter--the sidebar kept moving to an area that blocked the wording, but I got the gist of it, I think. The owl is great on your projects and I love your additional doo dads :-D
Jacky said…
Coloring is just absolutely stunning! Lovely! Thank you!!
Paulette S said…
I love this tag, your coloring is outstanding. Love the way you did his pocket watch in a bold color to stand out.
Indy's Designs said…
What amazing work! Such attention to details!
Suzanne C said…
Fabulous! Love the embellishments on the card and bookmark! Wonderful creations!
wendyp said…
Wow!!! I can't believe I missed this on Monday. This is absolutely STUNNING! Fabulous work!
Chris Dring said…
Wow! This is incredible! Your creations are amazing!
Love both projects!! Definitely Shelf-Worthy! You've created some wonderful art pieces here..and, since you don't like owls...you can just send them to me! :) Thanks for playing with us.
Jingle said…
Absolutely amazing!!! I so love these!
christi said…
cute tag and frame. love all your little baubles.
Sue D said…
Fabulous owl projects!
Unknown said…
Oh my gosh this is awesome!! Love the brushed gold and coloring with the distress inking! All the details are over the top!! Hugz, Colleen